Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Doodle

Shortly after Lucy was born,  I started calling her Doodle. And many derivatives of that. Lucy doodle. Baby doodle. Yankee Doodle.  When we sing Yankee Doodle, We change the words to Lucy Doodle.  In fact, Lucy probably thinks she was named after that song instead of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds".
When Lucy wakes up from her nap, Maggie tells me "your doodle is awake".
I think she looks just like my husband and his mother. She has my hair although the red could come from either side. In my opinion,  her eyes are the shape of Devon's and the color of my mom's. A dark blue that are almost purple.
Every now and then, I will catch a glimpse of her where she looks just like my grandma (my dad's mom). Every now and then I catch a glimpse of her where she looks like me. 
It's funny because I posted this picture on Facebook last week and a few of my cousins commented on how much Lucy and I both look like my grandma.  (I never thought I looked like her). After two years of feeling like this little girl got nothing from me but her stubbornness,  I finally feel like I had something to do with this little girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment